Friday, January 25, 2013

Dollar mixed vs. rivals after strong German data, ECB comments

Investing.com - The U.S. dollar was mixed against the other major currencies on Friday, after the release of strong German business confidence data, while the European Central Bank said banks plan to pay back more than anticipated of its long term loans. 

During European morning trade, the dollar was lower against the euro, with EUR/USD climbing 0.45% to 1.3438. 

The euro pushed higher against the greenback after the Ifo Institute for Economic Research said that its index of German business confidence improved to 104.2 in January, from 102.4 the previous month, beating expectations for a rise to 103.0. 

Separately, the ECB said that banks will repay EUR137.159 billion in three-year loans next week, opting to hand back the money early, signalling that a least parts of the financial system are returning to health. 

The greenback was steady against the pound, with GBP/USD easing 0.05% to 1.5780. 

The pound came under pressure after preliminary data showed that U.K. gross domestic product fell 0.3% in the fourth quarter, compared to expectations for a 0.1% decline, after a 0.9% rise in the previous quarter. 
http://www.investing.com/news/forex-news/dollar-mixed-vs.-rivals-after-strong-german-data,-ecb-comments-243454

1 comment:

  1. Please beware there are many fake cryptocurrrency investment platforms out there, I got scammed twice before I met a genius hacker who helped retrieve my bitcoin. The whole plan was so smooth I could not doubt it. Bitcoin is actually a great investment option but one thing I discovered over time is that it is not possible to mine bitcoin so don’t be deceived. I invested 15BTC on a particular website called FoxBtc, I monitored the profit yielding but got locked out of the account before I could withdraw. I went online and met this recovery expert at recoverywealthnow360 on google mail who helped me retrieve my bitcoins back in few hours. He saved my life , he can save yours.

    ReplyDelete